Woman swallows Apple AirPod after mistaking it for a painkiller

The 27-year-old went to swallow what she thought was a ache reliever tablet. When he realized what he had completed, it was too late.

A Boston-based TikTok person has shared her expertise of unintentionally swallowing an Apple AirPod, after mistaking it for an ibuprofen pill.

The 27-year-old, who makes use of the identifier @iamcarliiib, was visibly upset and distraught in her video publish.

“I used to be stepping into mattress, I had an 800 ibuprofen in my proper hand and I had my left AirPod in my left hand,” he stated.

“I prefer to toss something, I took my bottle of water and took a sip after which realized that it was not the Ibuprofren.

“I attempted to throw it up and it will not come out. I am dropping my thoughts. “

Happily, in an replace video, Carli shared that the AirPod had handed by way of her system, with an X-ray scan confirming that its inside had not been broken.

“I had an X-ray completed just a few hours in the past and it revealed that the AirPod had handed,” he stated. “I had a sense it was, however I simply wished to verify.”

He additionally confirmed that he didn’t try and retrieve the AirPod.

In one other TikTok video, Carli shared a voice recording she made utilizing audio collected from her misplaced AirPod.

Unknowingly, you probably did this with out realizing that the left AirPod was nonetheless linked to your cellphone whereas making a name to a buddy. Throughout this time, your proper earbud was within the charging case and subsequently not linked.

The message he heard contained a little bit of gurgling at first earlier than his muffled voice may very well be heard on the recording.

Carli’s expertise is way from the primary time such an incident has occurred.

In 2019, Taiwanese Ben Hsu stated he swallowed an AirPod in his sleep, claiming they nonetheless labored after going by way of his digestive system.

Utilizing Apple’s Discover My Telephone monitoring function that remotely activates a tool and prompts it to play a beep, Mr. Hsu realized that the tone was coming from his abdomen.

“I checked underneath my blanket and regarded round however could not discover it; then I noticed the sound was coming from my abdomen,” he advised the Every day mail.

After docs prescribed laxatives, he went on to retrieve the audio machine from his stool and returned it to its purposeful state.

“The battery was nonetheless 41 p.c! It was unimaginable, ”he stated.

And if that is not a product endorsement, then we do not know what’s.

Leave a Comment